Fermenters / Cylindrical-Conical Tanks
The production of beer in modern breweries use fermentation in cylindrical-conical tanks (CCT). They are cylindrical vessels with a conical bottom which are dedicated of the primary fermentation or the entire fermentation process, including maturation. The CCTs are the most commonly used types of tanks for beer production.
Usually, these tanks are working under pressure. Biomashin possess the relative experience and knowledge, as well as the obligatory certification for their design and production.
It is mandatory when it comes to CCTs to have a cooling/heating device in order to maintain the temperature regime during fermentation, pasteurisation or inoculation.
Fermenters/Cylindrical-Conical Tanks, Basic Design:
- Cylindrical tank with conical bottom
- Object of certification in accordance with PED 2014/68/EU
- Material: Stainless-Steel AISI 304L or AISI 316L
- Surfaces in contact with the product – Ra ≤ 0,8 µm
- Cooling system – pillow plate or serpentine
- Proper insulation and stainless steel cladding
- Auxiliary equipment