The Silo tank serves to take and store at atmospheric conditions a given volume of raw, pasteurized, skim milk, or whey, but also to store different kind of liquids before they are being processed.
Biomashin designs and produces stainless-steel Silo tanks in accordance with Good Engineering Practice (GMP). The temperature control during storage and processing is a crucial factor. The equipment that we offer aims to control these processes effectively and in the most optimal way.
We offer a wide range of auxiliary equipment such as regulation of temperature, valves, agitators, cleaning systems, etc. We could also help with elaboration and positioning of the silo tanks at your site including platforms, ladders, etc.
Silo Tank, basic design:
- Volume: from 20 m3 to 250 m3 produced in the company
- Made of stainless-steel AISI 304L and/or AISI 316L
- Vertical tank, intended for outdoor installation
- Fixed to supporting ring, appropriate for installation on a flat concrete base
- Surfaces in contact with the product 2В or Ra≤ 0.8µm, welding seams grinded to Ra≤ 0.8µm
- Insulation made of mineral wool on shell and top. Welded insulation cladding. Accurate calculation of exact insulation thickness for tanks stored outside depends on the specific climate conditions.
- Cleaning system with specially selected elements and calculated parameters ensuring impeccable cleaning
- Agitator with precisely calculated speed and construction, without foaming and stratification of the product, and with uniform action in the entire volume
- In high temperature environment and depending on the period for storage, Silo tanks could be produced with cooling jackets to maintain the temperature in the tank